Thursday, May 7, 2009

spring woes

Had a salad for lunch and a salad for dinner. There will be no lettuce ready for tomorrow, though. Possibly none for a week or two. This is why lettuce must be started every 7-10 days. Still have the 2nd patch of arugula that has not gone to seed, thankfully. Next year, there will be much more lettuce.

Isaac & I planted more bush beans today (mon petite cheri).

I'll be happy when the sweet potatoes get here, and I know how much space I'm going to use for them. They will be there for a while.

I'm a little disappointed about my broccoli.

I attempted to prune suckers off my tomatoes today. I think I did it mostly right. Next year, it will be easier.

So ready for the summer vegetables to start producing.

Brassicas suck as much as bras do. I think I hate them both.

Need to start more basil.

Tomatillos germinating.

Isaac and I snacked on dill and cilantro today in the garden. It was very peaceful.

No comments: