Tuesday, April 21, 2009

more spring stuff

  • Another delicious lettuce, arugula, and radish salad today.
  • I planted zinnias around my vegetable garden. Tiny seedlings and seeds. In two months or so, should have beautiful flowers.
  • A bird is making a nest in a tree in our backyard--with my shredded paper mulch! I am so pleased.
  • I put bush bean and cilantro seeds in the ground today.
  • I noticed the bush beans I planted before are sprouting. Borage has also sprouted.
  • The tomatoes and tomatillo are growing fast.
  • The coneflower looks so comfortable, all tucked into its mulchy bed. I am really looking forward to seeing what they look like in a few months.
  • I have tons of flower seeds to plant, so that the backyard is ablaze with blooms from early summer to frost.

No comments: