Tuesday, March 24, 2009

more seeds in the ground

I planted more radishes, carrots, and arugula yesterday. I planted the carrots and radishes together, as was recommended, since the carrots are SO SLOW at germinating, and the radishes supposedly break up the soil for them. Carrots really are slow to grow. Really, really slow. That's my third batch of carrots and radishes. I am guessing I'll have some radishes to eat in a week or two and carrots maybe in a month, maybe more. The peas get a little taller each day, but they are still small.

I now understand why a lot of people just go to the store, buy young plants, and stick them in the ground. (Not that you can do that with carrots and radishes.) But still. Starting from seed takes a lot of patience and a lot of hope. And a lot of making sure the soil stays moist.

No comments: