Monday, May 31, 2010

Garden Update

My garden is growing like CRAZY. Everything (pretty much) looks lush and healthy. I am excited about a giant butternut squash plant that grew out of the compost I spread on the ground. It is making so many squashes!

An early crookneck I planted is doing great too, and I should have tasty squash within a week or so.
The tomatoes look lovely and Jenny is just starting to ripen. Next year: I will plant some really, really early tomato varieties in the water chamber things. I'm not sure it was worth putting the peppers in those, as the ones that weren't in them are making peppers just as fast now. So, peppers coming soon too!

The bush beans (Festina) look wonderful, are flowering, and making tiny beans.

I have a huge borage bush that looks lovely.

The tomatillos are huge and flowering. I have four this year, and I intend to make salsa, amongst other things with them. Got eggplants both in the ground and in the Earthbox. Will be interested to see how they do.

Got some of my poblano peppers planted. Can't wait for these! Will start them much earlier next year, and not in my regular seed starters--they didn't like them.

Planted my pepino cucumber seeds today, also zucchini (Italiano largo), melon Amy, a watermelon, pattypan squash, and spagghetti squash.

Made a rustic pyramid for my cucumbers.

Got to go eat dinner!

No comments: