Tuesday, June 3, 2008

bean plant murdered


I think some birds killed the single green bean plant that I put out in our new raised beds. All its leaves are gone.

I am thinking of using both raised beds for the 25 strawberry plants I have coming. I will grow the rest in containers, and the squash and pumpkins in mounds on the lawn, and the gourds on the fence. I might grow beans on the fence opposite from my flower garden side. I am a bit sad about the dead one.

My blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries are scheduled to arrive on Friday. What a delicious harvest I will have... Next year... If the birds don't eat them all...

My flowers seem to be growing well. I still have more to plant. I am so interested to see what it all looks like in bloom. I am considering snapdragons for late fall/early winter.

I have put my 2 little pink polka dot plant sprouts in large coffee mugs. I put aquarium gravel in the bottom of the mugs for drainage. I duct taped the mugs to the windowsill so that our insane mug spiller cat cannot kill the pink polka dots. The sage sprout is growing well.

I have planted my 2 sprouted "container choice" tomatoes in pots as well.

No comments: